Friday, July 31, 2009

Guess how much...

So I went off on my weekly trip to the stores to see what I could find. I go after the boys have gone to bed so I can shop without children and look down every aisle. This is how I de-stress. Lets just say it was a pretty good night. My motto is to only buy things I will use or items I can get for free and donate them if I don't use them. DON'T BUY IT JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A COUPON!!! I do have to go to a few stores sometimes but it is worth it to me when I am saving so much money.

So, guess how much I spent on the following three pictures of items??? Total before coupons would have been $56.06.

Albertson's trip


Walgreens's trip


Super Target trip


Just stop guessing because you won't even come close. I only spent.......$5.07!!!!! That is a savings of of over 90%!! So here is a little insight into how I did it.

First stop was Albertson's. They are having some great anniversary sales right now. They have a lot of in-add coupons that you just need to have them scan to get the deals. The tags on the shelves do not advertise these specials, you need to pick up the add in the store.

  • Multigrain Cheerios, $1.47 (with in-ad coupon and used .75 cent coupons.com coupons, and they doubled them to $1.00)=.47 cents per/box
  • Jif Peanut-butter, $1.47 (with in-ad coupon and used $1.00 Target coupon from mailer)=$.47
  • Smuckers Jelly, $.97 (with in-add coupon)
  • Total for Albertson's trip was $2.94 with tax

Next was Walgreens. You would be amazed at what you kind find here for cheap. You just have to know how to shop them.

  • Scotch Bubble mailer's $.39 each (used coupons from 7/26 RP)=FREE
  • Mars candy is on sale $.49 each after in ad coupon (used $1/2 from 7/26 RP)=FREE
  • Also got a free candy coupon from HERE. They are giving away coupons every Friday right now to the first 250,000 people.
  • Starbucks Frappuccino drinks are on sale for $1.25. (use in ad coupon and $1.00 printable online)=$.25 each
  • Total for this trip was $1.03 (I think they double scanned something, should have been a little higher)

And then there was Target. My favorite store of all and it was a good night at Target. The trick to Target is, you can use a manufactures coupon with a Target coupon to get things for free or very cheap. Here is the breakdown.

  • Pop Tarts, $1.52 (used Target and manufacture coupons)=$.22 each
  • Kashi cereal cups, $1.00 (used Target coupon from their website)=FREE
  • Bumble Bee Tuna, $1.22 (used $1/1 coupon from 6/14 SS)=$.22 each
  • Softsoap, $3.00 on clearance (used Target and manufacture coupons)=FREE
  • Kotex, $2.70 (used Target and manufacture coupons)=FREE
  • Beef Jerky packet, $7.67 (used FREE coupon from All You Magazine)=FREE
  • Total for Target run was $1.10 with tax

I know some of this doesn't make sense, it's "coupon lingo", but just ask and I can tell you where to get these coupons. I hope you are inspired to go get some great deals. Have fun shopping and saving!!!

4 comments:

Pickard Blog said...

Yeah for your first coupon blog... Looks like you did well...May have get the cheerios I am almost positive I have that coupon here.. Also FYI Albertson's does not double coupons. (they shouldn't) they only take competetor coupons! Way to go..you are getting really good at this!!

Krulls in Haiti said...

How great! I have no idea what some of that coupon lingo means...but I want to learn it :)

The Parsons Flock said...

amazing!!!! i have much to learn! teach me your ways coupon lady!! haha! love ya!

Heather said...

Cute blog, Amy! Lots of our friends from high school have blogs, too - check out mine to get their blog addresses!! (boband heathersfamilyblog.blogspot.com)Amber does this coupon thing! - I have tried, but it takes so much time, I keep stopping! Maybe I'll start up again soon. Go get 'em tiger!! :)